NOTICE: NEW Guidelines for Cards...
Because all cards are hand sorted by the Cards For Cubs Team and Volunteers, please follow the guidelines below to help us sort faster and more efficiently!
- ALL cards must be HANDMADE: no store bought cards. Each card should be as special and personal as the child receiving it.
- Cards should be appropriate for ALL AGES.
- All cards should be BLANK inside or contain a SHORT SENTIMENT such as "Happy Birthday" or "I believe in you and unicorns too!". Keep it short and sweet so foster care agencies can write to a child's specific circumstance or situation.
- We are only accepting BIRTHDAY and ENCOURAGEMENT cards this year, as these were the most requested cards by the foster agencies we worked with.
- Cards should be well-received across any demographic, religion, and culture.
- ENVELOPES are required for each card (30 cards = 30 fitting envelopes). Please keep envelopes separate from cards to aid the sorting process.
- Cards should be bundled in PACKS of 10 and labeled Birthday or Encouragement. We ask that all card donations are a minimum of 1 pack = 10 cards and corresponding envelopes.
- All cards must be mailed to Cards For Cubs.
- Card designs can be replicated.
Cards will be reviewed by the CFC Team to ensure they are appropriate
Examples of cards and how to pack them:
⇩ Please Bundle All Cards in Packs of 10 With Envelopes ⇩
- You can bundle your cards using rubber bands, string, or ribbon. If you can label them either Encouragement or Birthday, that would be even more helpful to us!
⇩ Replicate OR Be Creative With Designs ⇩
- You can either replicate a certain design and make them in increments of 10 or let your creative juices flow and craft cards with different designs.
⇩ Packs of 10 Go Into a USPS Box ⇩
- If you are sending less than 10 packs (100 cards), we recommend placing them in a USPS Padded Envelopes.
- If you are sending over 10 packs (100 cards), we recommend placing them into a USPS Flat Rate Box.